Organizers are humans and not aliens, they are imperfect just like every other person, but have continued to make conscious effort to deliver effective services. Organizers everywhere must possess some qualities that set them apart from non-professionals.
Who is an organizer?
An organizer can also be referred to as a planner. An organizer is a person who is chiefly in charge of planning and making decisions, they ensure the proper execution of the work schedule. They are committed to a course and ensures that the course is achieved.
Can anybody be an organizer?
Well, organizing is not rocket science, although some people are born organizers, but that doesn't make them a professional. To become a professional organizer, you have to undergo training, take courses, and be intentional about what you want to achieve.
What are the qualities of top organizers?
- An organizer makes conscious effort to be committed to their vision. Consistency is a vital ingredient in organizing
- A top organizer must possess the ability to follow through. You are most successful when you pay attention to every piece of the cycle from the start to the end
- Accountable: you are obligated as an organizer to keep an accurate record of your activities, documents, and funds
- An organizer must be flexible: to be an excellent organizer you must understand that change is inevitable, and things sometimes don't go as you have planned. You must be willing and open to new ideas
- An organizer must be empathetic and sensitive: we live in an equal society and some people are marginalized. We have greatly internalized some patterns consciously and unconsciously as an organizer you have to keep making a conscious effort to carry everybody along
- Be patient: you should make a deliberate effort to not be self-righteous. Do not assume you know it all, make room for mistakes and corrections
- To become a top organizer you must be self-aware, and open to constructive criticism
- An organizer is a good listener, it is important that you respect the opinions of others
- An organizer must be punctual, reliable, and dependable.
Organizers in Toronto are not different from the rest of the world, they are guided by the same principle, and they are faced with similar challenges even though some challenges are peculiar to location and time. Organizers in Toronto are dynamic, and they provide different services like home organization, office planning, community planning, event management, etc.
Some challenges organizers face
The following are some challenges organizers face;
A backup plan is like an insurance policy that covers unforeseen events. It is important that you have a plan you can fall back on in case your original plan is disrupted
Good use of time allows you to achieve more in a short time and helps you achieve more career success. Working smart saves your time, and helps you focus on the important aspects of your work
- Not having a detailed plan
Lack of detailed plan slows down your work and makes your activities disorganized. A detailed plan makes your work easier and makes you more successful. Other challenges are; managing human resources, financial management, lack of trust, not hiring the right people, etc.